There are four fasts in the Jewish calendar linked to the destruction of the Temple.
The next one is called the Fast of Tammuz and is on 17th Tammuz
It marks the beginning of three weeks of mourning for the Temple culminating on Tisha B’Av (9th Av).
Five tragedies occurred on this day:
- Moses broke the first tablets
- The daily offering in the first Temple was suspended during the Babylonian siege in 423BCE
- The walls of Jerusalem were breached by the Romans in 70CE prior to the destruction of the second Temple.
- The Roman general Apostamus burnt a Sefer Torah.
- An idol was placed in Temple.